• The Neo-Cortex (Thinking Brain) – friend or foe in birth?
• How the place of birth can help or hinder the birth process
• The powerful cocktail of birthing hormones and under what conditions they work best
• Active birth and its myriad of benefits
• Fear of birth and the fear-tension-pain cycle
• The Fetus Ejection Reflex
• The Sphincter Law
• Exploring the uterus – the largest and strongest muscle in the female body
• Baby’s due date – is it an expected date of arrival or an expiry date?
• The wonderful world of microbes
• The World Health Organisation’s (WHO) view on Cesarean Sections.